PID Individual Portrait Competition
✉ Barbara Jenkin, GMPSA/B, SPSA, EFIAP/g·
||The PID Individual Portrait Competition is for individual PSA members and is exclusively for portraits of humans, including tasteful nudes.
Deadlines for the 3 rounds will be listed soon
Round 1 - December 3
Round 2 - February 11
Round 3 - April 15
2018-19 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS
2017-18 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS
Previous years results, below
(click the button, left)
Group A: Masters those that have won several Awards and or HM's Or have shown excellent profiency in portrature work.
Group B: Intermediate for those who have won an occasional award or hm over the past couple of years or shows profiency in portraiture work
Group C: Beginners for members just starting to learn how to do portraits and new entrants to the competition (new entrants may be moved to another group at the end of the year)
The idea behind the different group levels is so no matter what level you are at that you have a chance to be judged against the level of your peers so that everyone has a chance to win an award or hm. This competition was founded so that members could grow in the area of portraiture. PSA also has a mentor that will work with you one on one if you would like.
Eligibility & Rules
- An entrant can enter two portrait images in each competition (Round) but may NOT enter the same image in Monochrome and Color in the same year
- An image previously receiving an Award or HM in a PID Individual Portrait Competition is not eligible for entry.
- An image may only be entered once during the year. It can, however, be entered in another season, as long as it does not win an Award or HM.
- Maximum image width (horizontal) is 1024 pixels. Maximum image height (vertical) is 768 pixels. Images should be saved as jpg files.
- The maker's name and/or image title must not be in the image area of digital file or it will be disqualified.
- Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker and artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated, if the photographic content predominates.
Model Release May be Requested if winning image is a portrait and PSA wishes to publish it
If there is no Model Release available, the image may win but cannot be published. For those who do not have a Model Release, Sample Model Release Form - doc - interactive pdf - both of these forms can be filled out and saved on a mobile or desktop device.
Ribbons will be awarded for each competition (Round) as follows: First, Second, Third, Best Female, Best Male, Best Child, Best Indoor, Best Environmental, Best Monochrome, three (3) Judges Choices, and HM's.
The number of Awards and HMs will be determined by the number of entries.
At the end of the year all Award and HM images will be judged for the Best Portrait of the Year. There will also be a Best of the Year Award for Best Female, Best Male, Best Child, Best Indoor, Best Environmental, and Best Monochrome Portrait for each group (A, B, C, D)
The Best of the Portraits Competition results will be shown during the PSA Annual Conference and the awards will be presented at the PID meeting during the PSA Annual Conference.
Basic Guidelines for Operating PSA Division Competitions
(pdf) - Contains information for Directors of PSA Individual and Interclub Competitions.
PREVIOUS YEARS COMPETITION WINNERS
2016-17 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS
2015-16 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS
2014-15 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS
2013-14 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS