Green Eagle Rules
- Judging will be prior to the annual PSA conference.
- Prints receiving a dated Green Eagle award during a three-year acceptance period are eligible. The acceptance period will end 21 days prior to the opening date of the annual PSA conference and begin three years prior to this ending date.
- Not Eligible Prints having received an award (medal or an honorable mention) in a prior Green Eagle contest.
- A reprint of the original photograph, based on changes suggested at the time the Green Eagle was awarded, will be accepted in place of the original print.
- Mounted prints will not be accepted. Prints exceeding 11x14 inches will not be accepted.
- Send prints to the American Portfolio's Director (c/o James R. Martin, APSA, 213 Fleming Drive, Sequim, WA 98382-8659) or to a designated contest director to arrive by the closing date (see Rule 02). The original Green Eagle label (or Xerox copy of the label), or the commentator's commentary, proving the award must accompany each print.
- Sufficient postage must be included with each entry to return prints after the contest. Stamps are preferred.
- Prints failing to receive an award in the Green Eagle contest can be submitted again in following years provided they fall within the acceptance (eligibility) period. An award is a medal or an honorable mention.
- Winners will be announced at the annual PSA conference, in the Pictorial Print News Section of the PSA Journal and displayed on the PSA website. Entering Green Eagle Award prints in this Contest, constitutes permission, without fee, for PSA to reproduce and display as noted.
- Prints will be returned within a reasonable time after the annual PSA conference except for those retained for possible reproduction in the PSA Journal or on the PSA web site.
- Prints will be judged according to division and type as determined by the American Portfolio's Director. Generally this means monochrome and color.
- The following awards will be given in each contest division: PPD medals for first, second, and third place as well as a suitable number of honorable mention ribbons.
» Model Release Required for Portrait Images
The entrant to this PSA activity needs to submit a signed Model Release with his/her entry for any portrait image, including all the recognizable likenesses of a human face, which were not taken in a public location. The entrant and model agree to hold PSA harmless against all claims and liabilities arising out of PSA’s publication, display, or other use of any portrait image submitted to PSA. Award images will be posted on the PSA web site and selected images may be published in the PSA Journal/Division Newsletters. Portrait images submitted without a Model Release, if selected for an award, will not be posted on the PSA website or published in the PSA Journal/Division Newsletters. For those who do not have a Model Release, a sample Model Release Form is linked below.
Sample Model Release Form - doc