PSA Logo Policy
Updated May 23, 2018
The PSA logo is the official trademark of the Photographic Society of America. Both the name and logo are registered with the United States Trademark and Patent Office and are renewable every 5 years.
The logo is available for use by PSA members and may be downloaded through PSA'S Members Only section. Members being defined, according to PSA's Bylaws, as follows:
Section A: Member Classifications
Individual Members shall be natural persons who fulfill the Society’s Member Qualifications as set forth in these Bylaws. Members shall be further classified according to one of the following designations.
- Regular Members - Regular Members are individuals who remain in good standing through the regular and timely payment of membership dues, as may be required by the Board of Directors.
- Life Members - Life Members are individuals, who in lieu of annual or other regular membership dues paid a single life membership fee, prior to January 1, 1995, as prescribed for by the Society’s Board of Directors. HonPSA and HonFPSA are also Life Members.
- Cornerstone Life Members - Cornerstone Life Members are individuals, who in lieu of annual or other regular membership dues, made contributions to the Society's 1949-1950 Building Fund, as prescribed by the Society’s Board of Directors.
- Organizational Members – shall be clubs, councils, societies, institutions and groups having activities and interests, consonant with those of this Society and that fulfill the Society’s Member Qualifications, as set forth by the Board of Directors. Each Organizational Member shall designate one person as its official representative.
Section B. Member Qualifications
Membership shall be limited to individuals and organizations who pay the required dues as established by Board of Directors, unless determined to be specifically exempt from such payment as approved by the Board, or under these Bylaws.
PSA Members may use the logo in the following ways:
- On professional business cards
- On personal business cards
- On personal or organizational websites if the logo is a direct link to the PSA website
- On professional websites if the logo is a direct link to the PSA website
- On the exhibition page of PSA-Recognized Exhibitions, with a direct link to the website.
- On social media websites if special permission is granted by the Executive Committee
Note: Chapters may use the PSA logo with minor modifications, which would have to be approved by the Executive Committee. For example, using the Chapter name within the logo.