PID Individual Portrait Competition
✉ Susan Cowles, APSA, MPSA·
||The PID Individual Portrait Competition is for individual PSA members and is exclusively for portraits of humans, including tasteful nudes.
Deadlines for the 4 rounds (for 2017-18 competition):
Round 1 - Opens November 25, Closes December 25
Round 2 - Opens January 25, Closes February 25
Round 3 - Opens March 25, Closes April 25
Round 4 - Opens May 25, Closes June 25
2016-17 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS
2015-16 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS
Previous years results, below
(click the button, left)
Group A: for the Masters who have won several Awards and HM’s.
Group B: for Intermediate members that have won an occasional award or HM over the past couple of years.
Group C: for beginners also. Because of the number of beginners and first time entrants, beginners were divided into two sections. A & B.
Group D: for people entering for the first time and beginners
With four groups, there are more chances for entrants to win. The same group must be used for all four rounds of a season's competition. At Competition Season's end, group adjustments will be made depending upon Awards and HM’s received.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to achieve consistency among all the division competitions, group names were recently changed by PSA. Do not worry about what group you upload your images to. All images will be adjusted to the correct group prior to judging so that awards are assigned appropriately. Everyone will be notified of their group with scores. Thank you for your patience. Good luck with your entry and thank you for participating! - Susan Cowles, APSA, MPSA
Eligibility & Rules
- An entrant can enter two portrait images in each competition (Round) but may NOT enter the same image in Monochrome and Color in the same year
- An image previously receiving an Award or HM in a PID Individual Portrait Competition is not eligible for entry.
- An image may only be entered once during the year. It can, however, be entered in another season, as long as it does not win an Award or HM.
- Maximum image width (horizontal) is 1024 pixels. Maximum image height (vertical) is 768 pixels. Images should be saved as jpg files.
- The maker's name and/or image title must not be in the image area of digital file or it will be disqualified.
- Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker and artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated, if the photographic content predominates.
Model Release May be Requested if winning image is a portrait and PSA wishes to publish it
For those who do not have a Model Release, Sample Model Release Form - doc
Ribbons will be awarded for each competition (Round) as follows: First, Second, Third, Best Female, Best Male, Best Child, Best Indoor, Best Environmental, Best Monochrome, three (3) Judges Choices, and HM's.
The number of Awards and HMs will be determined by the number of entries.
At the end of the year all Award and HM images will be judged for the Best Portrait of the Year. There will also be a Best of the Year Award for Best Female, Best Male, Best Child, Best Indoor, Best Environmental, and Best Monochrome Portrait for each group (A, B, C, D)
The Best of the Portraits Competition results will be shown during the PSA Annual Conference and the awards will be presented at the PID meeting during the PSA Annual Conference.
Basic Guidelines for Operating PSA Division Competitions
(pdf) - Contains information for Directors of PSA Individual and Interclub Competitions.
PREVIOUS YEARS COMPETITION WINNERS
2014-15 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS
2013-14 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS
2012-13 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS