PSA Youth Showcase
Youth Showcase Director
✉ Kathleen Z. Braun, HonPSA, PPSA·
||The goal of the PSA Youth Showcase is to involve the Society and its Chapters, clubs, councils, and federations in the promotion and education of photography among young people by highlighting outstanding photographs from high school age students.
The Youth Showcase is open to all students worldwide, ages 14 through 19 and attending high school or its equivalent. The Showcase is an excellent opportunity for eligible students to share their work across all boundaries and receive recognition for their efforts.
Contest opens: October 1, 2019
Entry Deadline: April 16, 2019
SponsorshipAll PSA Chapters, PSA-member camera clubs, and PSA-member councils and federations are encouraged to serve as sponsors for the Youth Showcase. There are no limits on the number of high schools that may be sponsored by a PSA organization, but two participating PSA groups cannot sponsor separate entries from the same high school.
ParticipationAll PSA sponsoring organizations (PSA Chapters, PSA-member clubs, and PSA-member camera club councils and federations) participating in a selection of photographs from high school students are invited to submit entries. Only entries submitted by designated representatives of each PSA Sponsor will be accepted.
Enter the Youth Showcase
- A Best of Show plaque, a $350 award, and a PSA Youth Membership will be awarded to the photographer whose image is selected “Best of Show” from the six first place images in both the print section and the projected image section.
- $175 to the other five first place category photographers in each section.
- $50 to the six second place category photographers in each section.
- $25 to the six third place category photographers in each section.
- $25 to the three honorable mention photographers in the two “Photographer’s Choice” categories in each section.
- The six first place prints and projected images will be published in the PSA Journal and on the PSA website
- The award and accepted prints and projected images will be exhibited at the next PSA Photo Festival
- All award winners will be given a student membership in PSA which includes receiving the PSA Journal by e-mail.
Model Release May be Requested if winning image is a portrait and PSA wishes to publish it
If there is no Model Release available, the image may win but cannot be published. For those who do not have a Model Release, Sample Model Release Form - doc - interactive pdf - both of these forms can be filled out and saved on a mobile or desktop device.