PSA Chapters Showcase
PSA Chapters Showcase
✉ Ken Warning·
Entries Open: February 1
Entries Close: April 15
Participation in the Photographic Society of America (PSA) Chapters Showcase is open to all Chapters in good standing.
Select links at the top of this page to view recent Chapters' Showcases.
- Each participating Chapter may submit twelve digital images – one image each may be submitted from twelve different Chapter members in good standing. PSA members who are not members of the Chapter are not eligible to submit an image. PSA members who belong to more than one Chapter may represent only one Chapter. Images must be from PSA members in the Chapter’s geographical area or the image will be disqualified.
- Images shown in previous PSA Chapter Showcases are not eligible.
- The twelve digital images should be uploaded online (link will be activated when competition begins) and have a maximum width of 1400 pixels and with a maximum height of 1050 pixels. Images may be in color or monochrome.
- All entries will be included in a digital slide show to be presented at the annual PSA Conference yearly. A copy of the Chapter Showcase slide show will be provided to each participating Chapter and will be available, by request, following the initial showing at the Conference. Please make this request to the Chapters Showcase Director. Winning entries will be printed in the PSA Journal after the conference. Entry in the showcase grants permission to PSA to reproduce or duplicate entries.
- Chapter entries will be uploaded on the PSA web site.
- The deadline (closing date) for all entries is April 15 yearly.
- Procedure for Host Chapter judging
Model Release May be Requested if winning image is a portrait and PSA wishes to publish it
If there is no Model Release available, the image may win but cannot be published. For those who do not have a Model Release, Sample Model Release Form - doc - interactive pdf - both of these forms can be filled out and saved on a mobile or desktop device.
Enter the Showcase
» Feb 1 - Apr 15
Chapters receive Award Certificates for Third Place Runner-up, Second Place Runner-up and First Place runner-up. The Chapter with the highest cumulative score receives the Best Chapter Award. In addition, awards go to the highest scoring member’s image from each Chapter.
History of the Showcase
In the early 1980's, the Connecticut Chapter promoted a "showcase" of the photography of the Society's Chapters. The first PSA Chapters Showcase was presented at the Society's 50th Anniversary Annual Conference in San Francisco in 1983. It was organized as a pre-judged, inter-Chapter pictorial slide presentation with taped music and commentary; and the showcase program was duplicated for use by PSA Chapters, and PSA-member clubs and councils.