Participate in a PSA-Recognized Exhibition
PSA Exhibitions Services
✉ Brian Magor, APSA, MPSA, EFIAP/b·
||Exhibitions, formerly called Salons, offer an opportunity for photographers to exhibit their work with other photographers from around the world. Images that are accepted into exhibitions can be used to earn Star Ratings and ultimately PSA ROPA distinctions.
NOTE: Contact the Exhibitions Standards chair at firstname.lastname@example.org and the Ethics Review Advisor at email@example.com if you suspect any sanctionable infractions in exhibitions/salons.
Enter an Exhibition
- Anyone can enter an International Exhibition of Photography.
- A single entry is typically four images.
- Apart from 3D exhibitions, the maximum acceptance rate for PSA only exhibitions is 35%. The recommended, not compulsory minimum acceptance rate is about 20%. However, those PSA exhibitions which also have FIAP patronage have a maximum acceptance rate of 25%
- Find an exhibition from the Current Exhibition List
- Choose "Enter an Exhibition" from the left pane for more information
Host an Exhibition
- Apply to get the exhibition recognized by PSA
- Conform to PSA Exhibition Standards
- Conduct the judging
- Send report to PSA listing images accepted into the public exhibition
- Include photographer name, title, and country for each image as well as names of judges and medals received, if applicable
- Choose "Rules for PSA Exhibition 2020" from the left pane for more information
Apply for Star Ratings and Recognition of Photographic Achievement (ROPA)
- Record acceptances from exhibitions
- Reach the minimum number of acceptances needed to apply for a Star Ratings Certificate
- Apply for Star Ratings Certificates from the applicable PSA divisions
- Reach the minimum number of acceptances needed to apply for a ROPA distinction (using your Star Ratings Certificates as proof)
- Apply for a ROPA distinction
- Choose "Star Ratings and ROPA" from the left pane for more information
Who's Who in Photography
PSA publishes an annual Who's Who in Photography, a compilation of the accepted images from PSA-recognized International Exhibitions of Photography. A print version is sent with the May or June printed PSA Journal, or it can be downloaded from the website.
HistoryThe Evolution of Exhibitions
has been described in an article that was written as part of the celebration of PSA's 75th anniversary. This article provides a historical perspective for anyone considering entering an exhibition or hosting an exhibition.
Sanctions listed here - pdf