PSA Welcomes You - Thanks for Joining Us!
Joining is just the first step - we want you to enjoy the benefits of your membership. With so many facets of PSA, it might seem a little overwhelming.
Before you begin, however, here are some ground rules:
If you want to access any PSA member-only benefit, you'll have to be logged in. If you try to get to a link, only to be taken back to the home page, it means you didn't login. So we suggest logging in first! (You can login with either your membership number or your email.)
Text on the website that is in bold and red is linked; a name appearing with a "✉" in front of it will, when clicked, open your computer's default email program with an email addressed to that person
Learn PSA's acronyms. Otherwise, you might get confused when you hear about PID, EPSA, and MOM. To get a familiarity with all the acronyms of PSA, check out PSA Acronyms.
Confused with all the choices on the website? Check out the link for Using the PSA Website
Now that you know the ground rules - let's begin! Watch the video to get a good overview of your options. Click on a topic below in which you may have interest to reveal some helpful information on getting the most out of your PSA membership. Suggestions? We always want to hear them! Write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show All / Hide All
- I just joined - PSA's Top Ten Things I Can Do Right Now
1. Login to PSA so you are automatically entitled to see all member-protected pages
2. Choose an image to be included in PSA's new member gallery
How do I do that? Click the Members Only button from the left side of any page on the PSA website and choose PSA Gallery Upload and then click the Upload form for the first Year Member gallery. If you don't see the Members Only button, login first.
3. Check out our current list of volunteer opportunities: https://psa-photo.org/index.php?present-volunteer-opportunities
4. Join a study group: https://psa-photo.org/index.php?study-groups
5. Take a PSA online course (they're free for PSA members) - https://psa-photo.org/index.php?education-online-courses
6. Check out a PSA division that matches your interests, read their current newsletter, and click the section on Programs for individuals - contact the division chair or the director of a specific program if you'd like to find out more information
7. Check out our Stars and ROPA for guidelines on how you can earn a PSA distinction: https://psa-photo.org/index.php?stars-and-ropa
8. Read the latest PSA Journal: found in the Members Only section under PSA Media.
9. Register for the 365 day gallery - information found in the Members Only section under "365-day Gallery"
10. If you are USA-based, join your local PSA chapter: https://psa-photo.org/index.php?chapter-list
- I want my photography to be seen
Earn PSA Awards
Show Off Your Photographic Abilities
- Choose a Division and find a photo competition - PSA has competitions for Individuals and Clubs/Councils/Federations. Note: Image of the year division competitions are from images that earn awards in PSA-recognized exhibitions.
- Participate in international exhibitions and apply for Star Ratings
- Amass enough Star Ratings? Apply for your first ROPA Distinction
- I joined PSA to improve my photography
Take Advantage of PSA's Educational Opportunities
- Take PSA online courses (Enrollment links require login)
- Get a PSA Mentor to help explore your photographic interests (Links on page require login)
- Get advice from a PSA Consultant who could help you participate in PSA programs and activities (Links on page require login)
- Send a few images to an Image Evaluator (links to evaluators require login)
- Check out PSA's links to resources that may assist you in your photography (requires login)
- Join a Study Group - available Study Groups are listed within each division
- I'd like to meet other PSA members!
Volunteers are the backbone of PSA. Volunteering for a PSA position is the best way to network with other members and to learn the intricacies of the organization. PSA Volunteers are given many opportunities to win awards for service from PSA.
- Think about attending the next PSA Conference
- Choose a Division and find an online study group. Most divisions offer one or more study groups. The overview page of each division will point you in the right direction!