PSA Club Representative Responsibilities
(download the Club/Council Rep MOM as a pdf)
Each PSA-member club and Council will have one person identified as the PSA Rep when the club applies for membership. This contact person will be listed in the PSA Membership database and the Club Rep name can be changed at any time. Since the PSA Club Rep represents PSA, it is
highly recommended that the club rep will be a PSA member.
Each PSA-member club will also provide a mailing address, an email contact, a phone number, and a club web site URL. Often the mailing address, email address, and phone number are that of the PSA Club Rep.
The PSA Club/Council Representative Responsibilities:
- Receive the club’s copy of the PSA Journal each month and bring that copy to the next club meeting to share it with potential PSA members.
- Receive the club or council’s annual PSA membership invoice and transfer the invoice to the club Treasurer for on-time payment. The Club or Council Rep may make the PSA membership payment and be reimbursed by the organization. Additionally, the Club or Council Rep may suggest PSA Automatic Membership Renewal to make sure that the club maintains its continuous PSA membership. The Club or Council Rep will receive any PSA Membership Renewal Reminder Emails.
- Receive and review the PSA quarterly club newsletter, the Projector, and send it via email to the club officers/board and membership.
- Review the contents of the PSA Club Services regularly for new information to share with club or council members.
- Speak at each club/council meeting regarding the latest PSA service or activity that individual PSA members can enjoy and encourage PSA membership for all club members. Identify PSA-recognized Exhibitions with upcoming closing dates and encourage participation by all club PSA members.
- Help any club or council member who wishes to become a PSA member. Offer help to complete their online membership application or offer help to mail their check and application to PSA Headquarters.
- Participate and encourage club officers to participate in the Camera Club Sparkle online forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsparkle
- Encourage the club’s webmaster and newsletter editor to participate in the PhotoEditors Group: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhotoEditors/
- Encourage the club to participate in PSA Interclub Competitions. Become the Interclub Coordinator for the club and submit the club’s entry or identify another club member to be the Interclub Coordinator.
- Encourage the club to participate in judging PSA Interclub Competitions
- Encourage clubs/councils to enter the annual PSA Web Site Contest and Newsletter Contest.
- Encourage councils to enter the PSA Council’s Challenge.
- Encourage clubs/councils to enter the Photographic Society of America Youth Photography Showcase
- Encourage the promotion of club/council’s sponsorship of a PSA International Exhibition
- Assist and educate club members entering PSA International Exhibitions on how to track and keep Acceptance records in each division. Assist members as needed on how to apply for Division Stars. Assist and educate members on how to apply for Recognition of Photographic Achievement (ROPA).
- Assist the PSA membership team with recruiting new members and providing educational programs