PID Individual Creative Competition
Creative Competition Director
|The Individual Creative Competition is free for individual PSA members as a member benefit.
Images in this competition are considered "altered reality" images. They must obviously display a change in natural color, form, shape or any combination of these three. These images are often montages of multiple images. High dynamic range (HDR) images without additional changes are not considered altered reality. Any subject matter is acceptable as long as the altered reality guidelines are followed.
: October 20, February 20, April 20
Click here to submit entries to this competition.
Eligibility & Rules
- An entrant can enter two “Altered Reality" images in each competition round.
- An image previously receiving an Award or HM in a PID Individual Creative Competition is not eligible for entry.
- Maximum image width (horizontal) is 1024 pixels. Maximum image height (vertical) is 768 pixels. Images should be saved as jpg files.
- The maker's name and/or image title must not be in the image area of the digital file.
- By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his/her own and permits PSA to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the competition. This may include low resolution posting on the PSA website. The competition assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright.
- Images must obviously display a change in natural color, form, shape or any combination of these three. Creative images are often montages (a blending composite of multiple images). High Dynamic Range (HDR) images without further changes are not considered “Altered Reality.”
- Image must be made by entrant, be original and may not incorporate elements produced by anyone else. Original images must be altered by the maker; artwork or computer graphics generated by the entrant may be incorporated, if the original photographic content predominates.
- Images may not be constructed entirely within a computer. Image's core content must be identifiable. Non-creative images are not eligible for this competition.
- Any subject matter is acceptable as long as the Altered Reality guidelines are followed.
For each competition, ribbons will be given for first, second, third place, Individual Judges’ Choice, and Honorable Mention images. The number of Honorable mention awards will be calculated as 10% of the number of submitted entries.
There are three sessions annually. Each participant is allowed to enter a maximum of two images for each of the three separate sessions.
Images must be “jpg” format
The maximum allowable horizontal dimension (width) is 1024 pixels. The maximum allowable vertical dimension (height/tall) is 768 pixels. Smaller images are acceptable.
It is not necessary to re-name your image file; that will be done for you automatically.
Saving your files using the sRGB color profile is recommended as it is optimum for the projection conditions used in judging.
End Of The Year Gallery
All awards and HMs from the current year ‘s three rounds of competitions will be entered in an EOY Best of the Best Judging competition. From this collection of the Best of the Best, First, Second Third Place Awards and Honorable Mentions will be selected . A slide show of these images will be presented at he PSA Annual Conference and EOY Award and HM Recipients will be recognized.